Monday, October 1, 2018

The Aftermath....

Video of our display set up at Revive. I was there with
Sandra Robson and Mandana Studios.
Sorry I didn't show up last week... on the weekend I was tied up with the Arts on the Credit Tour, and was completely exhausted by the time it was done. It was a great show, btw. Thanks to everyone who came out. It was awesome to see so many people out to look at art.

A lot of time beforehand was spent preparing. I had to have new work, so there was that, but also deciding on what kind of display, hauling out and cleaning all my display equipment, making tags, making sure my credit card system worked, etc, etc. Needless to say, I've been neglecting other things.

My studio is a disaster zone. I've got my table clear enough that I can work on it, but the entire other half of the space is complete chaos. I had pulled out all my containers of display stuff... clips, lights, drapery, signage... and that is all sitting in the middle of the room. I've got a basket with matted works on paper and another one full of prints, also in the middle of the room. It's always like this after a show. I don't bother to put the containers away until everything over and done with, because I'm just gonna have to pull them out again.

Me, standing in front of Revive
with the Art Tour sign in the
background.
This weekend I got up early Saturday morning with every intention of getting my studio back in order. But then I noticed some crud on the handle of my refrigerator. And that, it seems, was that. I spent the entire day cleaning, but didn't even set foot in the room I had intended to sort out. My kitchen looks awesome. My fridge is clean, even my freezer is clean. I cleaned out the microwave. I scrubbed the wooden blinds. The pull out spice rack has been cleaned and reorganized. All my cupboard doors have been wiped down. Yay me.

I needed to do laundry. I popped into my son's bathroom to grab his towels, noticed that his soap dispensers were empty. So I had to deal with that. And since I was in there, I gave the counters and sink a wipe down. I eventually made it back into the laundry room, grabbed the bucket and sponges I needed and headed back upstairs.... without putting in the laundry. Sigh. Back downstairs.

By the end of the day I was exhausted. I vowed to try again on Sunday to get my studio cleaned up. I did a bit, but ended up painting. I can't let the entire weekend go by without doing anything I actually enjoy. I should have done it on Monday night when I got home from work. I usually take the day after a show off so I can do this kind of thing, but with the new job and all... well, not this time. I'll do it tomorrow. Tomorrow for sure.

For those of you who didn't make it out to the show, here are a few photos:

Tour Sign... There is a 2nd studio at Revive that people were
missing, so on day 2 we had someone out there directing them in.
The weather was awesome, so we put some work out on the porch.
These are Sandra's wonderful alcohol ink flowers. You can see them
on her website.

Sandra Robson with her Root painting. She did a series of
these that really grabbed some attention.

Mandie of Mandana studios with her funky, vintage looking
handmade jewellery. I had my eye on one of these rings, but it was a
bit too big for my teeny tiny hands.

The stones are magnificent. I think my fave was the
cultured opal. Somewhat like my interference paints, it looks
a different colour depending on the angle.

The amazing textile work of Lilianne Lear. Yes, I said textile... this is an
embroidery piece. I love these funky fish! 



No comments:

Post a Comment