Saturday, May 19, 2012

When the garbage is not garbage

I walk every day. Luckily, I live in an area that has a lot of parks and walking paths. A couple weeks ago doing my "around the lake" route, I came across this fun, painted garbage can. I thought maybe an industrious mom with bored children? Or perhaps someone who thought the plain black could use a little colour. I've often thought this myself. Normally, this kind of thing is not going to hang around... the city is quite anti-graffiti, and unless it is city sanctioned, any kind of public art offering will be painted over within weeks (city sanctioning usually involves committees, lots of paperwork and takes years to actually happen).

So, imagine my surprise when today I found these:



I think we have a guerrilla artist in our midst. This makes me smile. 

1 comment: