Sunday, March 30, 2014

Arts on the Credit: Part 2

April 12 and 13 this year I am participating in Arts on the Credit, an art show and sale held in the lovely Waterside Inn in Port Credit, Mississauga. A couple weeks ago I shared the work of a few of the participating artists... this week I thought I'd share a few more. 

Mary Anne Dente

Gorgeous landscapes in vibrant colours. There's some great pieces on her website... but I know from experience that it's never possible to quite capture the colours in a photograph. You really have to see it in person.

More on her website: maryannedente.com.










Sue Riley

I hadn't met Sue until a few weeks ago, but I'd seen her name around connected to the local Arts scene before. Along with local textile artist Marie Payne, the two have made it a mission to improve the arts community in Mississauga by organizing events like this one. She will be exhibiting here along with her duties as organizer... I really don't know how she does it. I can barely manage to get myself organized. There's an interview with her posted on the show's blog, which makes me even more curious to see her creations. 

There's no website that I could find devoted to her work... probably because she's so busy organizing things like Arts on the Credit!




Kristina Kirkwood

From what I've read, Kristina creates all sorts of things, but these lamps... oh my goodness, they look beautiful. They strike me as vaguely Art Nouveau, very sculptural... something that would definitely add flair and style to any room. 

Lots of really great stuff on her website, kristinakirkwood.com









Craig Ewing - handmade jewellery

Anyone searching for a unique piece of jewellery for a special occasion will want to stop off in Craig's booth to see his creations. One of a kind and made by hand, these pieces will become family heirlooms. 

See more of his inspired designs on his website: craigewing.ca









So, that's a brief overview... of course there is more, and if I had more time I'd go through everyone. You can check out a full listing of who will be exhibiting on the show's website. There are a few names well known in the local arts community... it really is going to be a great show. If you plan on heading out to this event, there is a ticket for complimentary admission going out in my April newsletter (which you can sign up for HERE), along with a coupon for a 10% discount for anything purchased from me in the month of April. I've got 3 events lined up, so there's plenty of opportunity to check out my work. Here is my schedule for April:

Lakeshore Yacht Club's annual Charity Art Show and Sale: Sunday, April 6 noon-4pm

Arts on the Credit: Saturday and Sunday April 12-13

Art in the City Charity Art Show and Sale: Friday April 25th. I couldn't find a website for this event, but I will find out and post something closer to the date.

No comments:

Post a Comment