Sunday, February 3, 2013

Next...

"Stomp"
30x30" Acrylic on Canvas
In my quest to fill up THE BIG WALL (which is what I've taken to calling it), I've managed to transform myself from a painter of small images to one who does fairly large ones. This is the largest I've done to date, at 30x30". I'm finding it fun working large... I can use those big brushes I've had for ages but haven't had much use for, and I've got a 3" silicone color pusher that I'm really beginning to love. I might actually have a problem going back to smaller sizes.

I was thinking about what I'd like to do next, and I think I'd like to do a big band... like a Benny Goodman or Count Basie style big band. I can't imagine how I can do that any smaller than a four foot canvas... there would be so many figures to fit in. Six feet would be better. And it would take me a while... a few weeks at least, probably closer to a month. Something I'm obviously going to have to put off for a while. Hopefully in 2013 I'll have a bit more free time to tackle so large a project.

1 comment:

  1. This painting is one of my favourites....so much energy you can positively hear the beat. I want to see that big band piece too.

    ReplyDelete