Sunday, January 27, 2013

Freestyle

Freestyle
18x24" Acrylic on Canvas
I think this upcoming show is making me a bit crazy. 

In some ways it's really good... I'm working every day. It's not always been this way. In fact, I don't think I've ever had a stretch this long when I was working every single day. I find that I'm not second guessing my ideas anymore.... I just go with whatever pops into my head. The canvases are stacking up, and even though I still don't think I'm going to have enough to fill that theatre, I've got more done in the last couple months than I have in some entire years. 

But...

My house is a complete disaster. My husband is doing what he can, but he also has a job and outside commitments, so time is limited. My friends haven't heard from me in ages, because every spare second is spent in my studio. Last night we went out for dinner with friends, and after about an hour I was wondering how long this was going to last because I really had to get back to work. I wouldn't have gone at all, but apparently, socializing is good for me. Who knew?

There has to be some kind of balance. But for the next three weeks, I know I'm not going to find it.

1 comment:

  1. Balance is highly overrated. You're doing amazing work!

    ReplyDelete