Monday, November 5, 2018

New Painting: An Early Frost

"An Early Frost", 10x10" mixed media on wood panel. Available. 
I've been procrastinating writing this week's post. I have new work to post, but I'm feeling a bit worn down so I don't really feel like writing. I'm doing it anyway, because I feel like I should... maybe this is a sign I need to take a break for a bit, but I have a lot happening until early December so it won't be until after that.

So... what's going on?

I have been getting my website ready to update with my calendars and my new pieces. There was a wee printing issue with my calendars so I have to have half my batch re-run, which delays my release a bit. The website is ready though, just as soon as I get them.

I'm having an open studio on December 2nd. I've been recruiting some help and trying to get my house ready for visitors, even though it's still a month away. Since I still had some bare drywall from last year's renos, we decided a coat of paint was in order. We painted the entire main floor. It looks great, but we went from a medium colour to a very light one, so two coats were necessary. This led to me going through various closets and cupboards purging. Even though I try not to buy a lot I still seem to accumulate a lot of stuff. And I tend to be a bit of a hoarder... I still had a jacket that I've had since my adult child was a toddler. It's off to the Salvation Army now, because it's still in decent shape. It may even be fashionable again in a couple years.

My amazing co-workers in their "Victorian Gothic" costumes.
My new job is going really well. I work with some amazingly creative people. It's the only place I've ever worked where Halloween was treated like a team sport. The costumes were amazing. I didn't really participate much, as every other place I've worked there was only ever a handful of people who bothered with a costume at all. I thought this would be the same. Omg, no. Departments created elaborate group themed costumes, entire areas were decorated like movie sets, the photo studio set up a backdrop and took professional photos, prizes were given out. I can't even imagine what Christmas is going to be like.

This is my next to last painting in this mini-series of "autumn to winter" paintings. I will be releasing the lot of them for prints shortly after next week's post, so if there is one you love, it will soon be available. The set of original paintings won't be online until after my open house. I still have others to post... I just find that the time it takes to do the photography and create the web page eats into my limited studio time, so I don't update as much as I should. After my studio sale I will take a few days to do what I need to and upload everything.... I don't want to create unnecessary work for myself so I'll wait until after I see what sells. 

Hope you all are having some fun and enjoying the transition of the seasons. It really is a glorious time of year..... once it stops raining, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment