Monday, November 19, 2018

Guest Post: Brenda Morris-Colley

December 2nd is my 2nd annual Studio Sale! There are details and a map on my website for those interested in coming out. It's a perfect opportunity to pick up that painting you have had your eye on, or a gift for the art lover in your life. My entire inventory will be available, plus calendars and a brand new collection of 10x10 squares, ready to go at studio prices.

As an added bonus, this year both of my talented sisters will be joining me in Mississauga and bringing out some of their work. My home will be overflowing with art! Here is an introduction to Brenda's work, and next week I'll have some images from Sandra, who makes luxurious, hand-woven wearables. 
_____________________________________________________________________________

Watercolour by artist Brenda Morris-Colley
From my earliest memories, art and nature have been in my life.  I was either sitting in my room drawing or out climbing trees.  I was the kid that always brought home the stray dog or a hat full of baby squirrels.

I’ve always loved being out in nature, at the beach, in the woods or traipsing through the creek.  This is where I feel whole.  I love camping, building camp fires, cooking outside, being away from cities, towns and people.  I’ve always been more comfortable in nature or with animals than with people.  I am an introvert by nature and need lots of alone time.  Nothing inspires my creativity more than being in nature.

"Homeward Bound" by Brenda Morris-Colley
My paintings help you return to a place of nature, so you can remember what it was like to be in that space.  You can almost hear the leaves rustling in the wind, the waves crashing against the shore. You can hear the birds singing their song.

Remember what it’s like to stand on the edge of that stream.  Recapture that sense of awe while watching the pelicans fishing or the hawk hunting.

Remember and relax and breathe.

More of Brenda's work can been seen on her Facebook Page, or our FB event page

No comments:

Post a Comment