Sunday, March 8, 2015

Connected - New painting on canvas

"Connected"  24x24" Acrylic and collage on Canvas.
This has been a crazy week. I'm still not feeling quite up to snuff, though I am definitely in better shape. My head is cleared and my cough has improved. Enough so that I have actually left my house for a purpose other than work. I'm relieved... it feels like this has been going on forever. It's nice to feel human again. Unfortunately, I think I've passed this on to a couple people....

I've been fussing with this painting for weeks now... I had the canvas hanging around with only a base colour and some texture paste on it. Figured I should try to translate this patterns/grid thing into something more substantial than a book. It will probably be the last thing I can complete before Arts on the Credit next month. I have my display to figure out, I've got a commission piece to put together, and I've got to get caught up at work. It's too bad... I feel like I'm in a kind of groove and I'd like to just keep working... But hey, if I don't sell some of this work I'm going to run out of places to put it. As it is, I have a load of my musician paintings hanging elsewhere, and I still have stuff on every available wall.... and stuff stashed in closets. I'm thinking of starting some kind of "foster home" program... maybe if I can keep a few pieces here and there at friends places it will save me having to rent some kind of storage. Or maybe I should be thinking about taking some of these pieces off the stretchers so they can be rolled and stored more easily? I really don't know... maybe I just need to do more shows so these pieces can find homes. Summer is generally a good time for that. I guess it's time to start filling out applications....


No comments:

Post a Comment