Sunday, February 9, 2014

The World is Quiet Here....

I've finished part two of last weeks project. I'm happy with it. It feels a bit melancholy, which is fitting given what my life has held in the last month. I'm recently captivated by this blue... It's rich and transparent and SO brilliant. I've been playing with it on it's own, but it didn't get me the mood I wanted for these pieces, so I've dulled it down with earth tones, and left a little orange-yellow and crimson for warmth. I've included a photo of the two pieces side by side... I'm undecided if I'll put them up for sale as a set only. I have some skinny walls here where a long, thin piece of art would work wonderfully... surely I'm sure I'm not the only one. I'll live with them for a bit before I decide. Maybe by spring, at the Arts on the Credit show...

The World is Quiet Here: II
12x24" Acrylic on Canvas

The two paintings together as a set. They work together... I'm not sure
I really want them split. I'll have to decide before they leave the studio...

No comments:

Post a Comment