Sunday, January 26, 2014

A Sad Week

This has been a very difficult week for me. I was still reeling from the death of an extended family member, and then the sudden passing of a long-time co-worker and friend, when I lost my beloved "studio dog", Lucy, very suddenly. She was old and we knew our time together couldn't last forever, but she'd recently had knee surgery to fix a torn tendon and had gotten through it like a trooper. We thought she was as healthy as any 12-year old dog can be, but as it turned out, she had an issue with her heart that had gone undetected. I'll miss the old girl terribly... she was with me during every painting session, lying at the foot of my easel.

So far 2014 has been pretty awful. Sigh.

Lucy, in her favourite spot by the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment