Monday, April 29, 2013

Moving

So... I'm afraid I'm going to be an absentee blogger for the next few weeks. My life is in complete disarray right now. In less than a month my family and I will be moving house. The date has changed 3 times already, each time cutting a week off my prep time. I had initially thought I could pack somewhat leisurely, maybe taking an evening or two a week to keep working. That went right out the window with the latest change. Now I'm in the process of packing up my studio, and trying to let go of things I've kept for years... just in case. Bags of stuff have been passed on... books, my kid's toys, clothing I never wear, movies we don't watch... but when it comes to my art stuff...

This evening I tossed into the recycling 5 newsprint pads of life drawing, every sheet full on both sides. I have no idea why I hung onto them... most were just quick sketches, learning exercises rather than finished drawings. But there was some value in flipping through them and seeing how far I'd come in the past few years. I'm looking forward to getting back into  life drawing... my new house has a weekly drop-in session less than a 10 minute drive away. And with my commuting time cut down dramatically, I won't have to rush to get there. My life is about to get much easier... if I can manage to make it through the next few weeks....

No comments:

Post a Comment