Sunday, June 17, 2012

Working Away...

 When I started on my most recent series of musician paintings, I did a few small pieces to start, which i posted a few weeks ago. I also made myself a sketchbook of sorts... not a traditional kind of sketchbook, since I don't really do that, but a small book where I could try out a few different approaches without having to commit a lot of time. I've done this a few times, and it seems to clarify a direction for me, and helps keep things moving when I get stuck. This one I've made from an old kid's board book... in it's past life it was "Winnie the Pooh's Big Book of Opposites". I pick these books up at Goodwill for next to nothing. They are compact and sturdy, and can take a lot of abuse.






3 comments:

  1. I think this is brilliant! Love these minis as well. The outlines around the musicians in the second and fourth pieces really add a dynamism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops....second and fifth. Gee, you'd think I could count by now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really nice, Marianne. It's weird how having a low-pressure activity can bring out high quality work. I'll send you high-res versions of the abandoned house for you to use in your collage work (probably later today).

    ReplyDelete